Reunion 2018 Seattle Report
The 2018 Forward Air Controller's Reunion was headquartered at the Red Lion Inn in Bellevue, Washington from 17 - 22 September 2018. It was a wonderful reunion complete with a cruise around Puget Sound, day trips to two aviation museums and a tour of the final assembly facility for the 787 Dreamliner. We held a business meeting, a banquet, a memorial service and lots of time telling tall tales in the Hooch.
FAC Radio: Richard Gaule, Tom Seasor, Wayne Cooke, Tracy Wheeler, and Doug Robertson
Monday 17: Devoted to checking-in and socializing in the Hooch
Tuesday 18: Argosy Cruise, an all day cruise around Puget Sound including a stop at Blake Island State Park and a visit to Tillicum Longhouse.
Puget Sound, Blake Island State Park and Tillicum Longhouse
Wednesday 19: The Boeing Museum, http://www.museumofflight.org
- Today, we enjoyed an all day visit to the worlds largest independent non-profit air and space museum. It features:
- The original manufacturing facility of the Boeing Aircraft Company, the Red Barn.
- World War I and II Galleries.
- The Great Gallery, containing 50 historic aircraft, dating from man's first efforts to space flight.
Thursday 20: A double hitter at Paine Field:
- Flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum, Paul Allen, co-founder of Microsoft, collection vintage flying aircraft and armored vehicles.
- Final assembly facility of the Boeing 786 Dreamliner, 777, 767. and the 747. The assembly building is the world's largest building by volume.
Friday 21: Meetings and a Banquet;
- Board of Directors Meeting in the morning.
- General Membership meeting in the afternoon. The major points of which were:
- The Association can continue as a "last man standing organization" for the foreseeable future. We are 850 members strong.
- 2020 Reunion most likely will be in the Denver, Colorado area. Mike Lyons is the point of contact for that. He needs help.
- Treasurer's Report: We are healthy and have an approved spending plan.
- A slate of officers willing to serve were presented and approved by acclamation. They are listed on the website leadership contacts page.
- To read a draft copy of the minutes click here.
- Banquet was attended by 147 members and guest. The speaker, Bill Royce, is a retired Boeing Chief Test Pilot and former 23rd TASS OV-10 FAC.
Australian Brothers: Huck Ennis, Ken Mitchell, Brian Fooks,
Bruce Wood, Mac Cottrell, & Peter Condon
Coveys and Nails
Brad and Mary Wright, Bob and Karen Denison
Saturday 22: Memorial Service was held for those that gave all:
- Invocation by the Association President, Brad Wright
- Roll Call of the Honored by Toby Rushforth and Tom McGrain
- Laying of the wreath by Brad Wright and Jane Beard
- Ode of Remembrance by Brian Fooks
It was a wonderful reunion! Thank you very much to Joe Sowa and the Reunion Committee:
- Gary Beard and Jane Beard, Hotel Events Coordinators plus Utility Go To Coordinators..
- Joe Bocanegra, Registration activities, Museum of Flight
- Dick Gerry, Paine Field Activities and Skajit Museum Coordinator.
- Pete Ruppert, Treasurer
- Brad Wright, Banquet Speaker Coordinator and Brilliant Fill-in.
- Joe Sowa, Overall Worrywart
- Brian Fooks, Assistant worrywart.
Joe says, "Thank you for coming. We will see you in two years."