2022 COS Reunion Review
Colorado Springs 17 -
21 October 2022
Monday 17 October:
- Hotel check-in day with a check-in desk in the hotel lobby from 1400 until 1700.
- Hospitality room, the Hooch, was open.
- Welcome Reception and Buffet Dinner was held in the Hotel at 1800.
- Association president, Brad Wright gave some welcoming remarks.
- Invocation by Nail 49, Dale Hill, Association Chaplin.
Tuesday 18 October:
- 0900 Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum: Located on the grounds of Lowry AFB; it houses an impressive display of restored aircraft starting with a B-52 at the front entrance and continues with several vintage aircraft from World War II thru the Vietnam era. It even has restored the X-wing fighter Luke Skywalker crashed in the swamp.
- 1130 We were honored with a dedication of 86877 an O-2A.
1430 Memorial Service at Memorial Park for FAC-JTAC Remembrance
- Colorado Patriot Honor Guard presented us with pins then stood in honor of the fallen.
- Master of ceremonies, Brad Wright and invocation by Dale Hill.
- Guest Presentation by Tom Fleming BGen(USAF,Ret.).
- The names of all of the fallen Slow FAC, Fast FACs and JTACs were read followed by the ringing of the Honor Bell.
Wednesday 19 October:
- 0900 National Museum of World War II Aviation Museum.
- 1230 Pike's Peak Cog Rail & Manitou Spring excursion.
- 1930 13th ASOS briefing on current JTAC activities and equipment.
0900 Tour of the Air Force Academy conducted by Nail 25, Darrel Whitcomb, class of 69.
Thursday 20 October:
1430 General Membership Meeting: A general membership meeting was called to order by President Wright. Click here to read the minutes.
1900 Banquet: George Nolly, a FAC, an F-4 pilot, academic, and author spoke. What a speaker! He put tears in our eyes, both happy and sad.
A Rogues Gallery
and the ladies they love.