Flew West 2021Slow hand salute to these brave warriors
To return to the website Home page click here.
To return to the Flew West Index page click here.
- 26 Jul 21:Donald Allen Spooner, Red Maker 07, Allen 14, flew west on 23 July 2021. Don flew O-1 for the 19th TASS from July 68 until Jun 69. Don was a life member of the FAC Association. More details when available.
- 12 Jul 21: Gordon Alvin Isachsen, Covey 247, took his final flight on 14 JUN 2021. Gordy flew two tours as a FAC, APR 70-71 and NOV 72 - SEP 73. He flew O-2s for the 20 TASS out of DaNang and Ubon. Gordy was a life member of the FAC Association. His obituary can be read at https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/westlake-village-ca/gordon-isachsen-10236539
- 10 Jul 21: Lawrence Reed, a Covey FAC has flown west. Larry flew O-1 for the 20 TASS.
- 10 Jul 21: James A. Crookston II, Bilk 02, 23, flew west on 19 Jun 2021. He flew O-1s and O-2s for the 20 TASS. He was a life member of the Association. His Obituary can be read at https://www.echovita.com/us/obituaries/co/boulder/james-adamson-crookston-ii-12909980
- 10 Jul 21:Col Terry A. Markle, a Nail FAC flew west on 19 Jul 2020. Terry flew OV-10s for the 23 TASS. He flew a second tour in the F-4 pilot. We apologize for this late posting. We have just been made aware of his passing. His complete obituary can be read at https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/dailypress/name/terry-markle-obituary?pid=196555706
- 15 Jun 21: Col John Kelly Giles, Red Marker 02, Flew west on 29 July 2019. John flew O-1 for the 19th TASS March 1967-68. John was highly decorated for his service in Vietnam. We apologize for this late posting. We have just been made aware of his passing. His complete obituary can be read at https://www.thecantonherald.com/article/john-giles
- 04 May 21: Dennis Wayne Oxelgren aka OX, Snoopy 50 flew west this weekend. He flew O-2s in Psy Ops missions for the 22 TASS. Ox was a life member of the Association.
- 13 Apr 21: Lt Col John E. York USAF (Ret), Bomber 44, Jake 04 flew west 9 Apr 21. John flew two tours in the Vietnam War. One tour as a FAC flying O-1s for the 19th and 20th TASSs and second tour as a B-52 pilot out of Guam. He was a life member of the Association. Here is a link to his obituary https://www.oologahonline.com/news/oologah-community-mourns-loss-john-yor
- 11 Feb 21: Col Harley E. Lawrence Jr. USAF (Ret), Bird Dog 83, Cricket, Gombey 06, flew west on Sunday 31 Jan 21. He was 81. Harley flew O-1s for the 20th and 23dr TASS. He was a life member of the FAC Association. His complete obituary can be read at https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/chronicleonline/obituary.aspx?pid=197650702
- 04 Feb 21: Lt Col (Ret.) Gary D. Pointer, Nail 43, flew west on 15 Sep 2020 in Jonesburg MO. Gary flew OV-10s from May 72 - Apr 73 for the 23rd TASS out of Plieku. Gary was an Air Force Academy graduate, Class of 71, and will be interred at the USAFA Cemetery on 30 Jun 2021 at 1000 hours. Condolences can be sent to his family in care of his son, Dirk Pointer, 11 Daytona Ct, O Fallon, MO 63368-6657. This is a late posting as we have just learned of his passing.
- 02 Feb 21: Capt Thomas G. Bonser, Gombey and Nail took his last flight on 26 January 21. Tom flew O-1s in the early days of the war in Southeast Asia for the 23 TASS in 1965-66. Tom was awarded 2 Air Medals and a Silver Star. His obituary can be read at https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/cincinnati/obituary.aspx?pid=197608815
- 01 Feb 21: Col Roger B. Nash USAF (Ret.), Nail 23 took his last flight on 21 Jan 2021. As a FAC Roger flew OV-10s out of Nakon Phanom AB Thailand for the 23rd TASS. He was laid to rest at the Air Force Academy Cemetery on 29 Jan 2021. His obituary with picture can be read at https://obits.gazette.com/obituaries/gazette/obituary.aspx?n=roger-brian-nash&pid=197605491&fhid=41018
- 31 Jan 21: CMSgt Ronald J. Dandeneau, Rustic Foxtrot, flew west on 28 Sep 2018 flew OV-10s for the 19th TASS. Ron was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross while flying combat in Southeast Asia. He is interred at Arlington National Cemetery. His obituary may be read at https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/washingtonpost/obituary.aspx?pid=190377042 This is a late posting as we have recently learned of his passing.
- 16 Jan 21: Lt Col Wayne L. Wood, USAF (Ret), Rustic 06, flew west on 24 May 2019. Wayne flew OV-10s for the 19th TASS out of Bien Hoa and Ubon RTAB from Sep 71 until Sep 72. His obituary may be read at https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/4430741/Lt-Col-Wayne-L-Wood-USAF-Ret/wall This is a late posting as we have recently learned of his passing.