Flew West 2021Slow hand salute to these brave warriors
To return to the website Home page click here.
To return to the Flew West Index page click here.
- 13 Apr 21: Lt Col John E. York USAF (Ret), Bomber 44, Jake 04 flew west 9 Apr 21. John flew two tours in the Vietnam War. One tour as a FAC flying O-1s for the 19th and 20th TASSs and second tour as a B-52 pilot out of Guam. He was a life member of the Association. Here is a link to his obituary https://www.oologahonline.com/news/oologah-community-mourns-loss-john-york
- 11 Feb 21: Col Harley E. Lawrence Jr. USAF (Ret), Bird Dog 83, Cricket, Gombey 06, flew west on Sunday 31 Jan 21. He was 81. Harley flew O-1s for the 20th and 23dr TASS. He was a life member of the FAC Association. His complete obituary can be read at https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/chronicleonline/obituary.aspx?pid=197650702
- 04 Feb 21: Lt Col (Ret.)Gary D. Pointer, Nail 43, flew west on 15 Sep 2020 in Jonesburg MO. Gary flew OV-10s from May 70 - Apr 71 for the 23rd TASS out of Plieku. Gary was an Air Force Academy graduate and will be interred at the USAFA Cemetery on 30 Jun 2021 at 1000 hours. Condolences can be sent to his family in care of his son, Dirk Pointer, 11 Daytona Ct, O Fallon, MO 63368-6657. This is a late posting as we have just learned of his passing.
- 02 Feb 21: Capt Thomas G. Bonser, Gombey and Nail took his last flight on 26 January 21. Tom flew O-1s in the early days of the war in Southeast Asia for the 23 TASS in 1965-66. Tom was awarded 2 Air Medals and a Silver Star. His obituary can be read at https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/cincinnati/obituary.aspx?pid=197608815
- 01 Feb 21: Col Roger B. Nash USAF (Ret.), Nail 23 took his last flight on 21 Jan 2021. As a FAC Roger flew OV-10s out of Nakon Phanom AB Thailand for the 23rd TASS. He was laid to rest at the Air Force Academy Cemetery on 29 Jan 2021. His obituary with picture can be read at https://obits.gazette.com/obituaries/gazette/obituary.aspx?n=roger-brian-nash&pid=197605491&fhid=41018
- 31 Jan 21: CMSgt Ronald J. Dandeneau, Rustic Foxtrot, flew west on 28 Sep 2018 flew OV-10s for the 19th TASS. Ron was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross while flying combat in Southeast Asia. He is interred at Arlington National Cemetery. His obituary may be read at https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/washingtonpost/obituary.aspx?pid=190377042 This is a late posting as we have recently learned of his passing.
- 16 Jan 21: Lt Col Wayne L. Wood, USAF (Ret), Rustic 06, flew west on 24 May 2019. Wayne flew OV-10s for the 19th TASS out of Bien Hoa and Ubon RTAB from Sep 71 until Sep 72. His obituary may be read at https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/4430741/Lt-Col-Wayne-L-Wood-USAF-Ret/wall This is a late posting as we have recently learned of his passing.