Flew West 2023Slow hand salute to these brave warriors
To return to the website Home page click here.
To return to the Flew West Index page click here.
- 17 Mar 2023: Lt Col (USAF Ret) David C. Hartsock, Covey 229 and Dart 10, flew west on 11 May 2014. Dave flew O-2s for the 19th TASS and 20th TASS. We apologize, we have no picture and have only recently learned of his passing. His obituary may be read at https://www.newcomerdayton.com/obituary/84026
- 03 Mar 2023: Sgt Steven E. Peffer, Rustic/Mechanic, flew west at 2149 PST on 27 Feb 2023. Steve was a maintenance officer O-2s at Bien Hoa Air Base from Dec 1970 to 1971. He left a legacy as a Rustic. He will be interred at Sacramento Valley National Cemetery on May 12th. More information and an obituary to follow. Slow hand salute to this outstanding warrior.
- 01Mar 2023: Col (USAF Ret.) David H. Pinsky, Cobra 4, flew his final mission on 9 Oct 2020. Dave flew O-1s for the 19th TASS based at Duc Hoa. While in South east Asia, he flew 614 combat missions and was awarded 2 Silver Stars, a Distinguished Flying Cross, a Broonze Star, 26 Air Medals and a Purple Heart. Dave was a life member of the FAC Association. His obituary can be read at https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/19294062/Dave-H-Pinsky/Santa-Rosa/California/Santa-Rosa-Mortuary-Eggen-Lance-Chapel
- 01Mar 2023: Col (USAF Ret.) Patrick D. McCaslin, Nail 41, flew west on 7Apr 2022. Pat flew OV-10s for the 23TASS. During his tour he was awarded 2 Silver Stars and 2 Distingushed Flying Crosses and a Purple Heart. He was a life member of the FAC Association. His obituary can be read at https://www.timesonline.com/obituaries/p0206192
- 25 Feb 2023: LTC (USAF Ret) Charles L. Pocock, Viper 7 and Rod 7, flew west on 14 May 2022. Charlie flew two tours in the O-1 for the 19th TASS starting in 1966. He was awarded a Silver Star, two DFCs and and full of Air Medals. He authored a book about his adventures titled Viper 7. Charlie was a Life member. His obituary can be read at https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/colorado-springs-co/charles-pocock-10755468
- 25 Feb 2023: Col (USAF Ret) Carl F. Knabe, a Covey FAC, slipped the surly bonds of earth on a westbound heading on 27 Jun 2022. Carl flew OV10s for 20 TASS May 1969 - 70. He flew out of Pleiku. During his tour he was awarded a DFC, 12 Air medals and a Purple Heart. His obituary can be read at https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/springfield-va/carl-knabe-10810992